Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ordination and Installation

Sunday at 4PM I will start a service as Julianne and end it as Rev. Julianne Lepp - the installed minister of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Eau Claire.

Congregational bathrooms have been remodelled, my diploma is being hung and I have new shelves for my office. There is a new sign front with the chalice designed for my ordination theme. There are so many changes and yet there are services beyond this one that need planning and meetings, of course. There are children that need to go to bed on time and homework that needs checking. So many checks and balances in this rich life.

The planning for this has been much like a wedding. We will have flowers and music. We have guest lists and people descending from many places. It will be holy. It will be lovely.

This is everything I have prepared for these years of seminary, internship, and chaplaincy. I am prepared, yet I will not know fully that path until I stand there. I will not know that charge until I hear it. I will not know that mantle until it is given.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud that you are my sister! Your journey is like a wonderful story that unfolds and shows the depths of its characters. I look forward to reading the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete