Friday, March 16, 2012

100 Days of Healthy Habits- Day 11

Today's intention is to remember the healthy place of silence. Silence is the balm to all the noise that disturbs our calm and focus. Yesterday I had the great gift to meditate in Rev. Virginia Wolf's meditation class at UUC. I felt like my entire world was reset by connecting with my breathing and settling into the silence. There are very few moments of true silence in my day or when it is okay for me not to speak. Silence is one more essential habit to health and balance.

Words by Tim Haley

Amid all the noise in our lives,
we take this moment to sit in silence --
to give thanks for another day;
to give thanks for all those in our lives
who have brought us warmth and love;
to give thanks for the gift of life.
We know we are on our pilgrimage here but a brief moment in time.
Let us open ourselves, here, now,
to the process of becoming more whole --
of living more fully;
of giving and forgiving more freely;
of understanding more completely
the meaning of our lives here on this earth.

I've got a link to a sermon I did recently about silence. I was inspired first by a wonderfully written sermon by the Rev. Marti Keller on the subject matter of this book.

http://www.uueauclaire.com/Content/Sermons%202008-2009/2011/2.26.12.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment