Wednesday, March 7, 2012

100 Days of Healthy Habits- Day Seven


You will notice that these "100 Days" posts will not be sequential - demonstrating another healthy habit of observing sabbath time. When I took my yoga class on Monday, I felt very connected to my feet. We don't really pay our feet much attention, yet they support us and carry us through the world.

My teacher begins yoga classes by encouraging her students to rub their feet. We rub an essential oil into our feet and toes. Then we begin to stretch and massage each foot, paying attention to tensions and the condition of our feet. This is a very simple act, but it feels like supreme self-care. I am trying to build this habit of paying attention to the body that supports me, and giving it the care it needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment