Thursday, March 22, 2012

100 Days of Healthy Habits- Day 15

Today my intention has been to slow down. Too often the hurry of a day takes over everything and leads to poor choices and reactive thinking. As much as possible, I want to leave space in my mind for thinking, reflecting, and processing before I jump to a conclusion or action. There is not always time for this type of thinking, but I am reminded that if I give myself space and time - my thoughts and actions will reflect more positively on my values and "who I am."

In meditation class today, I was wrestling the monkey mind. I found a recurring question coming into my thoughts. "What is important to me?" My mind settled when I realized it was that moment that was important. On this day let this present moment be sufficient. Let this present moment be all that it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment